*Disclosure: In order to cover expenses and further the ministry of Cassidy’s Heart, this blog uses affiliate links. To learn more, please read our Terms + Conditions here.”
Social Warfare is BY FAR my favorite plugin.
This plugin has resolved so many problems for me and saved me so much frustration. Before finding Social Warfare, I had a love-hate relationship with my social share buttons. Yes…plural. I had one plugin for Pinterest buttons, one plugin for all my other social links, and a seperate plugin for the Pinterest Pin it hover button. My social share buttons were a hot mess.
One night, I was just done with my social share buttons.
They were not working how I wanted them to work. I couldn’t get them to do what I wanted. And worse, because I had different plugins installed, all the buttons looked different. That was only going to last so long for this OCD prone girl right here.
So, in a fit of frustration, I took to the Internet.
After reading what seemed like a million “the best social share plugins” articles, I finally settled on one that did every.single.thing. that I needed. Social Warfare.
Y’all. If you have not gathered it by now, I love this plugin. But I’m not going to keep saying that. Instead, I am going to give you 5 reasons you need Social Warfare and why you should be using it on your site too.
5 Reasons You Should Be Using Social Warfare5 Reasons You Should Be Using Social WarfareClick To Tweet
1. Social Warfare buttons are easy to find.
I cannot express how many times I have gone onto a website to pin a picture or share an article and I couldn’t find the share buttons, even if my life depended on it. Most of the time, if I can’t find the buttons after searching (which happens), I end up leaving the site feeling really bad that I couldn’t support the blogger or save the resource for future reference.
Whenever I cannot easily find the social share buttons, I am left with a frustrated user experience.
And I’ll be honest. Not everyone is going to take the time to look for your social share buttons if they cannot find them at a first glance. People want a quick, easy user experience. Not one that leaves them confused and searching.
2. Social Warfare buttons look great!
I absolutely love the way Social Warfare buttons look on my site. They are clean, classic, and uncluttered. Each individual button is a vibrant color and easy to distinguish. The buttons gave my site the more professional look that I was going for and I could not be more pleased.
3. Social Warfare buttons are customizable.
This is probably one of the biggest ways Social Warfare stands out from the other social share buttons. This plugin has so many customizable options.
- There are 15 different social share buttons you can choose to include (ex. Facebook, Pinterest, etc.).
- Social Warfare offers the option to display your share counts. You can even set a minimum amount of shares that you would like to receive before it starts displaying your share counts. To see an example, you can look at mine found on this post.
- You can pick and choose what kind of post you want the buttons to be displayed on (ex. page, post, archives, categories, home page).
- You can choose whether or not you want to display the image hover pin button (and then you can customize it as well!)
- 6 different button shape options
- 10 different color options for the buttons (including a custom color option). I really like this feature because it allows you to reflect your personal brand into your social share buttons.
- Option to have floating share buttons.
- 7 different looks for click-to-tweet (including an option to create your own CSS in your theme).
- You can place share buttons anywhere in a post with a small piece of provided code.
- Plus so much more!
4. Social Warfare is built with Pinterest in mind. ￼￼
This was inevitably why I chose Social Warfare. It was built with Pinterest in mind. Pinterest is my #1 source of traffic for my blog! Social Warfare makes it so easy to optimize my posts for Pinterest success.
Here are some of my favorite Pinterest feature that Social Warfare offers:
- Pin-it hover buttons
- There is a space at the bottom of each post that allows me to upload a Pinterest specific image. When I do this, that image becomes the only image people see whenever they click on the Pinterest share button. This was a big deal to me. I want people pinning the big, vertical graphics I create specifically for Pinterest, not looking through a variety of pictures and choosing one that may not be best suited for Pinterest.
- This plugin gives the ability to hide Pinterest optimized graphics!
5. Social Warfare will not slow down your site.
Built with performance in mind, these are the fastest loading social buttons available. They will never slow down your site. -Social Warfare
I can completely stand by this statement. Social Warfare replaced 3 plugins and does a better job than all three combined.
How much does Social Warfare cost?
Social Warfare costs $29 a year.
I’ll be honest, when I first saw the price, I exited out of the Social Warfare site very quickly. But as I began to make a list of all the things I needed in a social share plugin, I came back to and bought it. You are not bound to a contract and do not have to renew the following year if you do not want to, so this gave me a little more peace of mind. But I have not regretted it one moment.
Social Warfare is the best $29 dollar investment I have ever made in my blog. Social Warfare is the best $29 dollar investment I have ever made in my blog. Click To Tweet
Social Warfare has changed my entire social sharing game in the best ways, and I know it can for you too!
If you have any questions about Social Warfare, please leave me a comment below and I’d be happy to answer it!